Walcamp Outdoor Ministries and Retreat Center is a year-round outdoor ministry offering facilities and a variety of programs for youth and families, churches and other
groups. Located on 180 acres of forest and open fields on the Kishwaukee River in Kingston, IL, Walcamp is located about 70 miles west of Chicago and 15 miles north of DeKalb, IL. Walcamp offers camps for children of all ages, special needs camps, a family campground and a variety of facilities for organizations, businesses and special events.
At Walcamp Outdoor Ministries, Jesus Christ shares Himself through
relationships and creation to declare His love to every person.
Walcamp will transform lives through effective Christian programming led by exceptional staff in
quality facilities supported by an engaged alumni and donor base.
We invite you to discover Walcamp and a myriad of exciting activities, programs, and abundant opportunities to create new friendships! Walcamp is accredited by the American Camp Association and upholds the highest standard of excellence concerning safety and organization. Whether it is our traditional camps, special interest and adventure camps, outdoor school, Fall Festival, family camp or group programs, there is fun and discovery for all. Experience the peace and beauty in the natural surroundings at Walcamp, and invest in your spiritual, social and physical well-being.
Walcamp is a year-round outdoor ministry offering facilities and a variety of programs for youth and families, churches and other groups. Ministries include:
And much, much more….
• Walcamp was established in 1963 by high-school-age Walther League members.
• Walcamp is a recognized service organization of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, but not owned by the Synod, district or any other organization.
• Walcamp is incorporated as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
• Walcamp is supported by usage fees and contributions by individuals and congregations.
• Walcamp’s facilities include a main lodge; two cabins; the Thiel Center, an adult retreat and nature center; and a 34-site campground with six camping cabins.
• Each summer, Walcamp hires college students, many of whom are training for teaching or other church-work professions, to lead its summer camp programs.
Worker Bee Weekend 2017, May 5th-6th
Click here for more info!